You may be familiar with a buyer’s home inspection as a box that must be checked in order to sell your house. However, a pre-listing home inspection is now a tool that numerous sellers use to preemptively identify issues that a buyer may find. This is a pro-active approach at preventing a potential deal from falling through. Here are 10 ways a Seller can benefit by investing in a pre-listing home inspection.
- It provides time for the seller to make repairs before listing their home. Enough said! If you know about the issues ahead of time, you have time to fix them.
- It saves the seller money long-term. When you know which problems to fix in advance, you can address them without having to also renegotiate an offer.
- It helps establish trust between the home buyer and seller. A pre-listing home inspection puts your cards on the table. It shows the home buyer that you’re not hiding anything, which establishes trust.
- It protects sellers from losing time and money throughout the process. When the process is drawn out from the results of a buyer’s home inspection, you can lose both time and money in the process.
- It can put the home in higher demand. Which house would you choose? One with issues you don’t know about or the house that has fixed all of their problems. This isn’t a hard choice.
- It gives sellers a competitive edge. Home inspections are a bonus for buyers because it gives them more information. When other sellers don’t have it, it makes you competitive in the process.
- It reduces stress when selling your home. During the time of sale, you may worry that issues will come up that you’re unaware of. The pre-listing home inspection can take care of all of these problems, so you’re worry-free.
- It’s a goodwill gesture. Not every buyer has to perform this type of inspection, and it demonstrates you’re willing to go above and beyond.
- It benefits home insurance companies when homeowners understand their homes. A pre-listing home inspection can prompt owners to take care of issues that would otherwise cause problems.
- It helps reduce the risk of home ownership. This is a step in the right direction in the conversation surrounding consumer debt!
Me and my team at LAB Home Inspections hope you really enjoyed this article!
If you have specific questions about your home, or would like to schedule a home inspection, please contact Darren directly:
Darren Dawson, Certified Master Inspector (CMI)®
Myrtle Beach, SC
(352) 665- 9900